Soda City Startup! Announces Event, Prizes
Oct 25, 2017 12:11PM ● Published by Emily Stevenson
Soda City StartUp! - the three-day event designed to ignite innovation, entrepreneurship and networking in the region - announces the first place prizes for the winning startup team of the Day 3 Final Pitch Competition. On Sunday, Nov. 5 from 3:00-6:00pm, the teams will pitch their startups to a panel of 5 judges who represent the government, business, and angel investor communities. Three event sponsors have put together a generous portfolio of services intended to support the continued efforts of the winning startup team:
- One hour of consulting for the winning team with Tom Pietras, CPA, of Bauknight Pietras & Stormer, P.A.
- 1 month of free membership to the SOCO community and co-working facilities for each member of the winning team. (Street value $200/person)
- 1 year admission to the VentureSouth workshops (~$500 value) such as, “How To Pitch Investors,” “Understanding Cap Tables,” “Navigating a Startup Board,” “Understanding Term Sheets,” which are planned in the Midlands over the next year.
In addition to these prizes, members of the winning team will also have their event ticket fees refunded.
Registration for the event ends at midnight on Sunday, October 29. The registration fee for participants on the startup teams includes meals during the event, coaching and seminars by subject matter experts, networking, entertainment and team activities. Participants are encouraged to bring their ideas for new products, services or markets to serve, or simply come with the desire to experience the startup process first hand by working on an idea pitched by someone else!
When: Nov. 3 (Friday 5p-10p)
Nov. 4 (Saturday 7a-10p)
Nov. 5 (Sunday 7a-6p)
Where: Darla Moore School of Business Sonoco Pavilion
1014 Greene Street, Columbia, SC
- Students- $25
- Nonstudents- $50
- Buddy Pass - signup with a friend to purchase tickets at a discount!
- General Admission – attend Initial Pitches (Day 1), seminars (Day 2) and the Final
- Pitch Competition (Day 3) - $15
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Darden at (770) 366-7894 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.