S.C. Chamber Celebrates Employees Of The Year On Manufacturing Day
Oct 04, 2018 11:31AM
● By Kathleen Maris
The South Carolina Chamber of Commerce will celebrate National Manufacturing Day on Friday, October 5 with a panel discussion on workforce development in manufacturing and the presentation of the S.C. Manufacturing Employee of the Year Awards. Created to focus attention on the important contributions manufacturing employees make to their employers, customers, and communities, the event showcases contributions in the areas of innovation, teamwork, community service, and leadership.
The Manufacturing Day Celebration, presented by Jackson Lewis, P.C., is one of more than 300 concurrent events across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico celebrating National Manufacturing Day. The S.C. Chamber is the South Carolina Affiliate for the National Association of Manufacturers.
The event features a panel including policy makers and business leaders and a luncheon honoring the award winners. Registration is at 9:00 a.m., the panel is at 10:00 a.m., and the luncheon is at 12:00 p.m. The panel is at the Greenville Marriott, 1 Parkway East, Greenville, SC 29607. Further information is available here.
The award winners are:
- Small/Medium Company Awards (fewer than 1,000 employees):
- Production: West Vieau, Team Lead, Sargent Metal Fabricators
- Support: Amanda Lovin, Supply Chain Manager, Volvo Cars US
- Enabling: Tommie Cochran, Jr., Plant Manager, Pleasurecraft Marine Engines
- Large Company Awards (1,000+ employees):
- Production: Janice Lawson, Deputy Vice President of Environmental Management Operations, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
- Support: Sammy Davis, Safety & Training Facilitator, Milliken & Company - Allen Plant
- Enabling: Christina Trainor, VP of Human Resources, Prysmian Group North America
The panelists are:
- Rebecca Hartley (Director of Operations, Clemson University Center for Workforce Development and Chief Workforce Officer, Advanced Robotics in Manufacturing Institute)
- Angel Malone (Director of Career and Technology Education, S.C. Department of Education)
- Susan Pretulak (Vice President Division of Economic Development & Workforce Competitiveness, S.C. Technical College System)
- Michael ‘Mike’ Williams (US5 Personnel Manager, Michelin)