Life Sciences Boot Camp: Insights On SC's Fastest-Growing Industry
Hosted by SCBIO
SCBIO will host a full day program February 20, 2019 – Life Sciences Boot Camp: Insights on SC’s Fastest-Growing Industry – to inform and update businesses and professionals from across the state on opportunities, trends, and issues facing South Carolina’s fastest-growing industry segment.
The program will feature a light breakfast followed by presentations from over half a dozen noted life sciences industry leaders. Confirmed presenters and their topics are:
- Tushar Chikhliker, Partner, Nexsen Pruet, “Pharma Industry Challenges Opportunities & Legal Insights”
- Kathy Phlegar, Principal, Phlegar & Associates, “Product Development and Commercialization: The Changing Landscape of Bringing MedTech Products to Market”
- Maureen Thomas, National Institute on Aging/National Institutes on Health, “Early Stage Funding: Accessing SBIR-STTR Capital”
- Erica Jackson, Partner, K&L Gates, “Navigating the FDA: An Overview of Medical Product Approvals and Enforcement Trends”
- Dave McGlashan, Life Sciences Team Architect, DPR Construction, “Optimizing Capability & Efficiency in Your Life Sciences Facility”
- Darralyn Alexander, President, Reimbursement Strategies – “How To Gain Reimbursement For My New Technology”
- Sam Konduros, President & CEO, SCBIO – “South Carolina Life Sciences 2019: A Look Forward”
An additional highlight of the day’s program on “Early Stage Funding: Accessing SBIR-STTR Capital” will be when presenter Maureen Thomas is joined for discussion and open Q&A by Tyler Tatum and Ron Gorman of 3PhaseSC – South Carolina’s only free resource for SBIR/STTR grant consulting. Attendees may also schedule 1-on-1 time for afternoon discussion with Thomas between 1:15 PM and 3:30 PM for more detailed conversation and guidance.
To register, visit https://www.scbio.org/cpages/life-sciences-boot-camp-feb-20-2019.
Date & Time
February 20, 2019
8:30AM - 4:30PM
USC Alumni Center 900 Senate St. Columbia 29201 SC US http://www.columbiabusinessmonthly.com/businesses/sc-columbia-usc-alumni-center
SCBIO Member: $50; Non-Member, Investor Member: $125