Prisma Health to Open Large-Scale Covid-19 Vaccination Sites in Greenville, ColumbiaJan 15, 2021 01:08PM ● By David Dykes
Prisma Health said it will open dedicated high-volume community Covid-19 vaccine centers in Columbia and Greenville beginning Monday, Jan. 18.
The two appointment-only vaccination sites, administering the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine, include:
Prisma Health Vaccination Site in Greenville, SC
- 1 Kmart Plaza, Greenville, SC 29605 (near Greenville Memorial Hospital).
- The vaccination site, located inside the former Kmart building, is open Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
this vaccination site opens, all community appointments from Prisma Health
Greenville Memorial Hospital will be transferred to this site.
- The vaccine site will be by appointment only through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS).
Prisma Health Drive-Vaccination Site in Columbia, SC
- 22 National Guard Rd., Columbia, SC 29201 (Gamecock Park near UofSC Williams Brice Stadium).
- The drive-through vaccination site is open Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
vaccine site is will be by appointment only through the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention’s Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS).
With the additional sites in place, Prisma Health said it expects to administer as many as 10,000 shots per day within the next few weeks.
Prisma Health’s plans also include using specially outfitted mobile health clinics to help provide vaccines to the state’s rural communities. Prisma Health said it also mobilized additional resources to expand its scheduling and speed up the process for this vulnerable 70 and older population, some of whom do not have access to computers.
Dr. Saria Saccocio, chief ambulatory medical officer for Prisma Health and the co-chair of its Covid-19 vaccine task force, said, “The Prisma Health team is doing everything we can to help our communities during this Covid-19 pandemic. Adding these large-scale vaccination sites will allow us to better serve the community as we move through the various phases.”
The vaccine sites will be by appointment only through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS).
To receive their vaccine at either of these new locations, community members should access these sites by going to www.PrismaHealth.org/Vaccine for the latest information about the vaccination process and how to request an appointment either online or by phone at 833-2PRISMA (833-277-4762.
The site in Columbia is a partnership with the University of South Carolina.
Said UofSC President Bob Caslen: “We’re excited to partner with Prisma Health in this historic effort to turn the tide against the pandemic. As part of our mission of service, the University of South Carolina is committed to assisting with vaccine distribution and expanding testing to underserved parts of the state, which are critical steps in eradicating Covid-19.”
Officials said community members should be aware of other
current vaccine distribution information in the state:
- Individuals age 70 and older, who S.C. Gov. Henry McMaster announced on Jan. 11 are now eligible, will receive their vaccinations at these sites.
- State officials will continue to determine the timing of when healthcare providers move into different phases of vaccine distribution.
- Here is the list of Prisma Health hospital-based vaccination locations that will remain open and available to community members by appointment in VAMS.
The S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control
provides information on all locations accepting vaccine appointments. There are
a few non-Prisma Health pharmacies that can accept 70+ individuals now.
To find those and other locations, call the DHEC Care Line at 1-855-472-3432 or go to the DHEC website.
For more information about Prisma Health’s vaccination process, go to www.PrismaHealth.org/Vaccine.
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina.
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,947 beds and more than 300 outpatient sites with nearly 2,000 physicians, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually in its 21-county market area that covers 50 percent of South Carolina.